Discuss Tiling over drain/ inspection covers - share your pics here! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

I had a conservatory job last week where the builder had integrated a manhole cover in the screed.

The floor I laid consisted of marmox, UFH, SLC then tiles so as you can imagine the height was soon increased somewhat!

Here is what happened....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410616111.470489.jpg

Marmox
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410616151.017132.jpg

Tiled
Genesis 12mm square edge trim cut on external & internal of drain
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410616189.870593.jpg

Grouted (& silicone around perimeter of drain)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410616230.224024.jpg

The whole panel is then easily removed by slicing silicone in between the trim and attaching a suction lifter and pulling out whole tiles cover

Please share any drain/ covers you have tiled [emoji4]

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling over drain/ inspection covers - share your pics here! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hi, ive just joined here in the hope of gaining a little tiling knowledge :thumbsup:. Im...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
S
Hi All, Looking for some advice or some creativity to access an internal manhole. Now, its in...
Replies
Views
Sandra H
S
R
Hi gys just a quick rant to vent my anger!! and ask for your help (wet room guys) After a long 3...
Replies
Views
Sean SML Tiling
S
R
Evening all, its been a long old time since I put up one on my mind numbing posts that you love...
Replies
Views
T

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB