Discuss Tiling over existing sound ceramic floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

A

Ant74

Hi there all, my first posting on this forum :hurray:

Just a quick bit of advice, I have a customer who has a conservatory (2 years old) and she wants the floor tiles changed, i have never had to tile over existing ceramics before but someone mentioned to me i would need to prep the floor with a epoxy primer?

The tiled area is 14' x 10 ' and tiles are 12x12's absolutley sound flat surface, just customer doesnt like the colour (mind you they are not modern looking!)

any advice would be appreciated.

cheers:confused_smile:

C

CalMac

Hi,

I have a similar situation to the one above and would like to clarify a couple of things before I do the job.

Tiling onto existing ceramic tiles with polished porcelain on the floor of a kitchen.

1. Do I need to prime this or not? As it looks from above a couple of you think you should and others do not as long as it is cleaned well 1st.

2. Is a polished porcelain tile a good idea for a kitchen anyway as from previous threads that I have read this may be a bit dangerous due to slipping risks!

Thanks for any help!!

Cheers!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling over existing sound ceramic floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB