Discuss Tiling Over Fresh Multifinish Plaster in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

deakellis

Hi all,
I have bought a house built in the 70's. The one wall in the bathroom that is half plastered when it was 1st built. The bottom half is back to the bare brick as the previous owners for some reason decided to take off the plaster.
Anyway I know I need to use bonding plaster and a top coat of multifinish.
I cant use plasterboard as the depth is only about 8mm.
Can anyone advise me on how long I should wait until I prime & tile over the new plaster.

Thank you in advance.

K

Kevbos

Hi all,
I have bought a house built in the 70's. The one wall in the bathroom that is half plastered when it was 1st built. The bottom half is back to the bare brick as the previous owners for some reason decided to take off the plaster.
Anyway I know I need to use bonding plaster and a top coat of multifinish.
I cant use plasterboard as the depth is only about 8mm.
Can anyone advise me on how long I should wait until I prime & tile over the new plaster.

Thank you in advance.
You cantilever on it when the plaster all goes light in colour. Drying times vary in different situations.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling Over Fresh Multifinish Plaster in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Seems alot of talk that 20kg per mtr2 is the max weight limit for plaster. Few questions 1. its...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB