Discuss Tiling over thermolite blocks in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

shosho

:mad2: this sums up my frustration!

doing up my bathroom at the moment and i need to tile the walls around the bath. currently there are some tiles round the bath however these are very old and there is insufficient tiles covering the walls.
The main wall along the bath is made up of thermolite blocks, so i have been told.
the question is what is the best way to tile over such walls.
would be most grateful for any advice.

B

Bubblecraft

Just standard British Gypsum Drywall Addy will do
5unarumy.jpg

When you say what material to tile the tiles on the wall, do you mean the tile material like ceramic or porcelain or the adhesive to put them up? Things to consider when picking you tiles, make sure your tile inc adhesive & grout does not exceed 32kg pm2. That is your max weight limit for tiling onto PB. The tile you pick will also determine the adhesive to be used

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling over thermolite blocks in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I have a 1940's semi and i have been redecorating my front room, no its my own...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB