Discuss Tiling over wall tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

been doing bathrooms for several years now but about to visit first client that has requested over tiling. Not had to deal with it before so unsure how to approach it (other than saying I'll only do it if I can rip it out and start again as per normal). ive seen on here that people over tile floor tiles if sound but do you do it on wall tiles ? Surely you have just doubled the weight of tiles hanging on the walls which must go over recommended weights for plaster/plasterboard etc ? Thanks.

Hi dan,

It's a rip out job. Small ceramic tiles onto plasterboard walls and tiles are not very well stuck on either. I'm not willing to touch it for over tiling and based on the quality of the current install I doubt there is any waterproofing layer under the tiles in the shower area and it's an upstairs flat. She doesn't have a lot of money hence the request too overtile so doubt job may even go ahead any time soon tbh.
Quetstion still stands though, when would you overtile on walls if at all ?
Thanks.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling over wall tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Seems alot of talk that 20kg per mtr2 is the max weight limit for plaster. Few questions 1. its...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB