UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tiling Quotation forms in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hey Monkey Boy! What the hell are you using a Mac for? You can't do tile quotes to a designers computer! - You clearly earn too much money from this tiling lark!

Serious answer - The quote form is a simple excel sheet made using Microsoft Excel, obviously- Now unfortunately Mr Bill Gates doesn't get on with Mr Apple and their Excel doesn't support it (as far as I am aware - being a PC user totally, not Mac).

Do you know of any conversion programs than can convert Microsoft Word documents to whatever Mac would use for word processing? If so, I'll export it to a Word document for you and email it you or something. Then you can convert it to your own file format and use it.

D

Deleted member 15

monkeyboy said:
I am a mac user and the quote program is for windows, was just wondering if there was one for mac. many thanks

Hi Monkeyboy

Im also a mac user, yes thats right admin, no virus , no spyware, no control alt delete, no blue screen, i could go on but i'll not. Monkeyboy it was created on a mac so it will work fine but you must have microsoft excel.

Any probs let me know

D

Deleted member 15

Just put your price on the back of your business card, if you have used the correct patter actually at the quote and sold them your know how of what you can do, All they are interseted in is the price on something,

Most of my work is through builders, architects, designers etc, pubs, restaurants , hotels. You could imagine the faces of the people in accounts if i send in a quote on the back of a business card. Or if i tendered for a job , instead of send in the appropriate app form just wip the price on the back of a card, or even a cig packet.

No disrespect darren, joe bloggs getting his bathroom done, yes, bus card. Architects/builders putting up a hotel at several million quid, NO.

ps its been about 5 years since i tile a domestic bathroom

Thats why i made up the quote form

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling Quotation forms in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
I have installed a wetroom form (the style below). I have removed the floorboards and lowered...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.