Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Tiling Seasons? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

leeroberts636

Hi All

Hope everyone is doing fine on such a lovely day!

I finish my course at Diamond training in Ford west Sussex on 27th Sept. Planning ahead are there any dry spells within the year where tiling jobs are harder to come by? I take it Jan and Feb are pretty much dead and if so do any of you guys have any sidelines to keep you ticking over?

I know if you are good you should always be busy but me being a newbie just wanted some opinions / advice!

cheers Lee

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah, sort of agree with the above. Before xmas you get the xmas rush. People wanting everything finished for party's or the new year generally. Though then you're waiting for most people to get paid end of jan or even end of feb if they've lashed out over xmas and need to catch up with bills so start of March it sort of starts picking up.

There's no real way to get around it either to be honest. Some drop on with decent bigger jobs in Jan when those who have cash want to get things finished but didn't before Xmas. But I think most the replies here will be along the lines of what's been said already.

6 week holidays can go either way. Potters holiday locally can too. They're either on hols, saving for hols, or haven't gone on hols and want the job done then while they're at home sort of thing so it's swings and roundabouts.

If you can holiday in Jan/Feb and work through the summer without one, you may find you do better over all throughout the year.

Reply to Tiling Seasons? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am studying my NVQ 2 Floor and Wall tiling starting Jan/Feb next year at Eastleigh...
Replies
Views
Alex1980
A
O
Hi everyone im darryl im 32 and have now been tiling for 3years iv been working with i tiling...
Replies
Views
oldskool1980
O
T
Hello I’ve been setting tile for 35 years, however I’m now retired and moved from Wisconsin to...
Replies
Views
Topshop
T
F
Hi, DIYer here and trying to work out my best solution for tiling around a drop in tub with an...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiling Seasons?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.