Discuss Tiling to external blockwork in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattle40

Good day to all,
Just had a call from a potential customer regarding tiling some block built planters in his back garden with copings on the tops
Iv done a small share of external work in the past but I'm just concerned, with these being planters, there will be constant damp coming through the blockwork

Can anyone foresee issues here obviously accounting for correct materials and fixing.

M

mattle40

I used some single flex with mosaics in a small water feature in my garden at least 10 years ago and there still well fixed...

Well that's reassuring thanks. I'm going to have a look on Wednesday, it sounds like a nice job and a bit of a change so I really want to take it on but just thought I'd get the collective opinion, with my limited experience of outdoor work I'm quietly confident it would be fine but iv not tiled anything that will have this kind of constant moisture behind it

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling to external blockwork in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
Evening all, Got an external job on the go and the customer has requested the tops of the breeze...
Replies
Views
We hired someone to do a small outside patio using porcelain tiles. They finished the job whilst...
Replies
Views
As an introduction, I'm a DIY home owner who has gutted the bathroom in a house built in 1980...
Replies
Views
Tony R
T
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB