Discuss Tiling to out of square wall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Anna Rack

Probably an obvious question but I am currently laying some 50mm mesh backed mosaics and am now coming up to the last wall which is out of square slightly on the right as pictured. Would it be normal practice to cut each tile from the mesh and space them out slightly more to accomodate the extra gap, or just add a wider bead of silicone along the wall? The top square of tiles against the wall are just laid loose but the rest are stuck.
Thanks in advance.
SPM_A0106.jpg SPM_A0105.jpg

B

Bubblecraft

I agree with Alan & Neale. Bringing each row out by 1mm will solve your problem & once grouted, you'll never notice. The thing that drew my eye though was the fact that you've cut your mosaics around your Ped. Was there a main reason as to why you did this? Don't get my wrong, it's not a criticism of your work. They are cut well & it's a tidy job. It's just that it would have been much quicker & easier to remove your sink & Ped & re-fit after tiling. Obviously, I can't see the sink it self to understand why you did this. It just means that should you wish to change your sink at a later date, your Ped will have to be much larger to accommodate which limits to which suite to go with.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling to out of square wall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views
Hey There, I'm tiling 3' by 6" ceramic tiles over DITRA in a herringbone pattern. I can only...
Replies
Views
Travee
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB