UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tiling Training Course in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Hi Simon, all our tiling courses are made up of seperate courses with their own structure to them, so you could do the 3 week course over a period of time if you wish, ie the main course is our 5 day course, so do that one first then if you wish leave it a week then come back and do the second week and see what standard your up to, you might not need the 3rd week at all as your confidence might be OK to go from there. this makes your training and costs totally flexible
Any questions just give Tracey a ring at the office, she will be more than helpfull
Regards
Darren

F

faithhealer

Dan i really do agree with you mate,and my post was not meant to offend in anyway shape or form,what i was trying to point out is the guys (in my personal experience)that have done said courses and then tried to make it as a tiler have been poor but that is just my experience,as a tiler since i was 16 i do want to impart some of my knowledge and have done over the years to lots of apprentices,but i will always be honest and explain the pitfalls etc.

Maybe i come across as being elititist etc but that is not me i like to tell the truth and the truth only.

But it really annoys me when a guy turns up with a new van ,new tools stc and thinks they know the score when they dont.

This is the gods honest truth a guy came on to my site a couple of years ago,and the contract manager said he is a good tiler look at the kit he has,he then proceeded to butter the back of every tile(never put a serrator near the wall)as you know you then you get no adhesion between the tile and the surface you are tiling,i asked him what experience he had and he replied i done a 2 week course.

not what you wanna hear.
just try not to paint every one with the same brush , as I said earlier, it's down to the person,

L

lloydvcc

Hi Guys
I would just like to add a quick opinion to this thread! I recently done a kitchen floor in Natural Slate, it had a round breakfast bar in the middle and 4 doorways including the utility room. The customer told me that one established tiler, took one look and just said "No!".
I think it was the round breakfast bar that done it. Anyway, long story short, i done the job and the customer gave me a great review.
Not bad for my first job after completing a course at North East Tiling Training!
Not saying i learned everything but Darren was there when i needed more advice about it. And that was invaluable.
I had previously done a course elsewhere which was totally useless. So i think NETT is a very good place to start. I would recommend it to anyone.

IMG_3358.jpg

Thanks Darren

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Hi Guys
I would just like to add a quick opinion to this thread! I recently done a kitchen floor in Natural Slate, it had a round breakfast bar in the middle and 4 doorways including the utility room. The customer told me that one established tiler, took one look and just said "No!".
I think it was the round breakfast bar that done it. Anyway, long story short, i done the job and the customer gave me a great review.
Not bad for my first job after completing a course at North East Tiling Training!
Not saying i learned everything but Darren was there when i needed more advice about it. And that was invaluable.
I had previously done a course elsewhere which was totally useless. So i think NETT is a very good place to start. I would recommend it to anyone.

View attachment 19976

Thanks Darren

Is that really natural slate,looks a bit all the same colour to me,dont mean to offend but,no tiler i know would pass the job up because of a round breakfast bar at the end of the day once the base boards are removed your cutting square any way.

Job looks really good by the way.:thumbsup:
pencil.png

L

lloydvcc

I promise you it was natural slate and although calibrated, the difference in thickness was amazing! Harder than i thought!
The breakfast bar was fixed and base boards didn't come off. Apparently the kitchen fitter spent hours getting it level etc.
Would have been a lot easier to plan and do if it lifted or the base boards did come off, that is for sure.
It may be an easy job for most of you guys but for rookie like me it was a challenge.

IMG_3372.jpg

Thanks for your comments.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling Training Course in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am just about to book a 4-week advanced course for Wall and Floor tiling with the STC...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.