Discuss Tiling Training Dvd in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

philrab66

hi guys ,I new to tiling and I was wondering if there are any good learning dvds on tiling? Cheers

Best thing you can do is ask a few questions that you are not sure about the chaps on here are great even if they have covered it a thousand times. You will be surprised what you will learn. You want to learn the basics first just start with adhesives different types for certain jobs that will keep you busy for a while.

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
glasgow
Billy welcome. I am just going to be brutally honest. Tiling is hard Billy! It takes years to become a pro at it. As mentioned above, and my opinion. Get in with a good Tiler. Start grouting, cutting tiles, using a grinder/wet machine. Learn the basics, be keen. Then your tiler will be comfortable leaving you to tile kitchen back splash backs, bath surrounds etc. Eventually you will be capable of completing bigger projects and go out on your own or stick with your original guy if he is good and the work stream is steady. But ultimately learn the fundamentals and flourish mate, it is hard but not impossible. Best of luck Billy :-D

B

Billy Anderson

Billy welcome. I am just going to be brutally honest. Tiling is hard Billy! It takes years to become a pro at it. As mentioned above, and my opinion. Get in with a good Tiler. Start grouting, cutting tiles, using a grinder/wet machine. Learn the basics, be keen. Then your tiler will be comfortable leaving you to tile kitchen back splash backs, bath surrounds etc. Eventually you will be capable of completing bigger projects and go out on your own or stick with your original guy if he is good and the work stream is steady. But ultimately learn the fundamentals and flourish mate, it is hard but not impossible. Best of luck Billy :-D

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling Training Dvd in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I am thinking of training to gain city and guilds on weekends I’m just wondering is there...
Replies
Views
Beginner Tiling Courses 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Day Tiling Courses? These are brilliant for a DIY...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB