Discuss tiling training wanted in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

tomtomhey

Hi

My name is Tom i am an english 24 year old seeking tiling training. i am qauified in tiling i have completed a 6 week tiling course in dartford. i have studyed patterns like block and brick work pattens. i have expeirence in knocking up addesive and grout. i am looking for someone to train me up to a high standred, i do not want someone that is looking for a labourer. i would like to be tiling after 4 jobs after starting employment i can acheive this with the right training. i have done a private job since i left the tiling course it was of good standered but took to long. i do not drive but i am capable of traveling to any train station but would need drop of at a trsin station every day unless the job is near a train station. i would want 20 a day to cover travel and food. please if you interested call 07958609294

beanz

TF
Berkshire
A big part of learning any trade is spending time labouring. While you're doing that you use your eyes and pick up all the necessary info on different substrates, how to deal with different problems that arise, and all the other little tricks of the trade... What if all 4 of the jobs are on the same housing estate? All you will have learnt is how to deal with one type of substrate. You'd be totally unprepared for the fifth job, which could be completely different!?!

All the best with it though ;)

J

Jeff the tiler

Tom good luck if i get anything your way i will give you a call. Just done this for another lad who came on a couple of weekends with me. As beanz says 4 jobs in my view is not enough experience to go out on your own. With the size of tiles and new subtrates to consider, tiling again is a profession on it's own and in reality takes a lot longer to understand. I am still learning after 27 years as everything is changing so much currently. Google some tilers in your area I am sure you will get someone to take you on board.

S

steve187

what your all missing is that he is 'qualified' already. he has a 6 week course behind him, i spent years labouring for my brother back in the early 70's, and in those days is was sand and cement with quarries, and white council house tiles on the walls, now days its so complicated i'm still learning, all the new methods for the new materials and surfaces. i'm glad i'm almost at the end of my carreer and not at the beginning, you can not run before you can walk.

but to the op all the best but be a little more patient- you can not run before you can walk

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling training wanted in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I am thinking of training to gain city and guilds on weekends I’m just wondering is there...
Replies
Views
Tilers labourer wanted, looking for someone who would like to learn the trade, will also be...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
So there any good tiling training courses available in Northern Ireland. I would like to lear...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB