Discuss Tiling upto an existing tiled external corner in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

OAPS

Hi, first time posting and still cutting my teeth!

I have a job which involves an external corner that has already been tiled on one wall with a trim to finish, drawing attached. The customer would like the second wall tiling now but I can't get my head round what to do with the corner. If I move the existing trim out to meet the new tiles then i would end up having a 10mm gap or so to grout (which obviously would look naff) and possibly damage the wall/existing tiles in the process. Does anyone have any advise of how to tackle this? Thanks in advance!
tiles.jpg

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
If he can get the trim off, why the need to over-bead!?! Couldn't he just turn the trim, and re-use on the new tile? Or if it's tatty, replace with new.. I don't think a 3mm grout gap would look as bad as that over-trim personally.

It wouldn't be a 3mm gap. It would be closer to the depth of the bead. The radius of the quadrant. At least 5/6mm maybe more.

Depending if the tiles to the bead are cut would determine what i would do. I think the key question is what sort of finish does your customer want? There's ways of doing it simple, easy etc. Will your customer be happy with a capped finish? Or do they want neat trim. After thoughts are always a pain aren't they!?

beanz

TF
Berkshire
It wouldn't be a 3mm gap. It would be closer to the depth of the bead. The radius of the quadrant. At least 5/6mm maybe more.
Depending if the tiles to the bead are cut would determine what i would do. I think the key question is what sort of finish does your customer want? There's ways of doing it simple, easy etc. Will your customer be happy with a capped finish? Or do they want neat trim. After thoughts are always a pain aren't they!?

That'll teach me to not fully read the post lol! I was assuming flat trim, as that's the only trim I use.. Doh!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling upto an existing tiled external corner in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I have a very small area (1m.sq) on an exterior doorway entrance wall to tile. I would...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB