Discuss Tiling Whole Bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul_GPvR

Hi there,

I'm almost up to the stage of tiling my new bathroom which i've totally gutted and refurbished.

There will be a wetroom shower in one corner of the bathroom. I've used an impey wetdec and have the impey tilesafe kit etc.

Walls - Most are covered in 10mm wediboard, some in plasterboard. Will probably be tiled in light beige 316x450mm

Floor - The floor is 22mm t&g floorboards, (with the required bracing for underneath the wetdec). I'll be covering all the floor except for the wetdec in 10mm wediboard. Use the tilesafe sheet on the floor and partially up the side of the shower walls. Then using devimat UFH in wetroom and rest of the floor. The wetdec and under the sink will be tiled in large mosaics eg. 45x45x9mm, the rest of the bathroom floor will be tiled in Slate Effect Porcelain 300x600x11

The questions i have are:-

Should i use screws or adhesive to attach the wediboard to the floorboards?

Can you recommend an adhesive to use on the wall tiles? I'm thinking of using BAL Single Part Flexible adhesive (White)

Can you recommend an adhesive to use on the floor tiles? I'm thinking of using BAL Single Part Flexible adhesive (White)

Can you recommend a cream/ivory colour grout to use on the wall tiles? I'm thinking of using BAL Superflex Wall Grout (IVORY)

Can you recommend a charcoal colour grout to use on the floor tiles? I'm thinking of using BAL Superflex Wide Joint Grout (lime, sand, charc)

Is it best to tile the walls first and then the floor? Or what would you advise?

Thanks for anyhelp whatsoever,

Paul

W

White Room

Your've got alot of questions Paul, I've never used wedi board.
Spf on the walls
Spf on the floor would be grey because your using charcoal grout
I use mapei but the grout you suggest is good on the walls
I would use mapei charcoal for the floor if you can get it, Bal is good also, The dark grout bugger to clean though
If you use a light colour grout use white addy, If dark grout use grey adhesive
I would tile walls first then the floor but if you go for a dark grout on the floor, grout that first then the walls. The dark grout will contaminate the lighter one

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling Whole Bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB