Discuss tiling window reveals. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Daz

My tip for tiling the window head....

1. Apply adhesive to the window head with your notched trowel
2. Skim the back of tile with the flat edge of your trowel
3. Firmly press the tile into place with a little twist / wiggle

The tile will stay exactly where you placed it with no need for battens / props / supports. I've stuck natural stones and some really heavy porcelain using this method. The only time I use a support is when I have had to apply extra adhesive to bed the tile out to "square" the window.

I hope this makes sense.
Good luck,

Daz

G

grumpygrouter

My tip for tiling the window head....

1. Apply adhesive to the window head with your notched trowel
2. Skim the back of tile with the flat edge of your trowel
3. Firmly press the tile into place with a little twist / wiggle

The tile will stay exactly where you placed it with no need for battens / props / supports. I've stuck natural stones and some really heavy porcelain using this method. The only time I use a support is when I have had to apply extra adhesive to bed the tile out to "square" the window.

I hope this makes sense.
Good luck,

Daz
Good answer Daryl. Happy new year mate. :thumbsup:

S

smidy69

Do people push the trim into the reveals or into the wall sides? (if that makes sense)..... I normally tile the walls first and place beading into wall sides so my beading is done before the reveals are tiled. I can never judge how much of a over lap to bring out over the window reveal. I often overlap too much and end up packing out the reveals too much.

would always tile into cills and reveals, never even heard or seen it done on the wall side to be honest.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling window reveals. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views

UK Tiling Forum Trending

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.