UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss time to SEAL some trav in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Re: time to SEALE some trav

Don't see the point unless they feel mattstone gives better protection that enhancer?

I think it was to do with giving full protection if the stone was not saturated with sealer.. but i agree that if colour enhancer was used then stick with it to the point the stone is fully sealed but also if a customer doesn't want a stone too dark as extra coats of enhancer can do this then to give fuller protection then mattstone can be used.

D

DHTiling

i have to admit they did not mention any other products to me on the phone, just a few coats of this .
and you would have thought a company would want to sell as much as poss.

A few coats yes.. perfect.. i should have said in my first post, that using mattstone was with min enhancer used// as a coat of each . so stick with the enhancer to save your self confusion :):):)

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

just an update, i when to the local hardware store today to look for a paint pad as advised, i love this store, real old place,an Aladdin's cave of interesting stuff ,you could buy lots of kit in there, anyway i went for the cheap option £2.50 ,instead of £9.00,just a through-away pad, i also bought a breathing mask with a layer of active charcoal for the fumes that come of it :yikes: , i have now applied two coats to the wall's then two coats to the floor, and i cant help thinking i have been sold a tin of diesel as this is what it smells like to me :lol: £ 90.00 for 5ltrs ,and i still have about 4.5 ltrs left :yikes: what's it like with ginger ale + ice :thumbsup: no i will seal it all a few more times as its my -own wet-room ,DAM THE EXPENS !!

Reply to time to SEAL some trav in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hi all, I'm new here, a hobbyist DIY'er, and try to learn the correct and smart ways to tackle...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.