Discuss to bb or not to bb? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Stone tiles = Always back skim for bonding issues and consistency of shading on moisture sensitive stones.

Porcelain tiles = more heavy profile to back so back skim for easier solid bed.

Ceramc tiles = no profile worth worrying about , so notch trowel and wiggle wiggle :)

Any tiler worth his salt will know this..

I prefer, and this is just personal preference.............Squidge Squidge.

S

SJPurdy

I often get criticised by other "tilers" because I back butter medium/large format tiles which takes longer and they don't bother even though clearly recommended by BS and adhesive manufacturers. What I found more interesting in the video is that I've only seen one other tiler keying in the adhesive to the substrate before combing it! In the video it also states that non modified adhesive is recommended to go with the ditra mat (something I've also seen on this forum or another). Can anyone clarify this as generally i'm fixing porcelain which needs a modified adhesive to stick to it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to to bb or not to bb? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
OK hear me out. Kitchen floor. Pro tiler. 15mm clearance from top of dishwasher to underside of...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB