Discuss to seal or not to seal porcelain in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rogerdygas

I have just purchased some light beige glossy porcelain tiles fron a local independent tile shop. When I purchased these tiles he said they have been nano sealed so don't require sealing. I have read the box and it doesn't say a thing about sealing tthese tiles. The tiles are Italian not Chinese.

The reason im asking about seeling is because my chinagraph pencil has left a slight stain but grouting and leaving blackurant juice on for 20 mins hasnt.

Please can I have some advice?

D

DHTiling

They do not require sealing... adding extra sealer will do nothing... A sealer is only to close the pores of the surface that are opening during polishing and nano sealing ( factory sealed) is the way a lot of manufactures are going..

Polished porcelain isn't that porous , it is just the microscopic pores as i said above that grab dirt/stains and make it harder to clean.. so by closing these pores it iads in the maintenance of the cleaning of them etc.

R

rogerdygas

Your chinagraph pencil is wax. It will sit on the surface of the tile, but should rub off easily. I would test an off cut of tile with some grout if you are worried it might stain. I personally would not re apply any other sealer to a nano sealed tile.

I.am wondering whether or not they are nano sealed. My chinagraph marker has left a faint mark but grouting hasn't darkened or dulled them

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to to seal or not to seal porcelain in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
HELP! I'm really hoping someone might be able to give me some advice..... our cleaner just used...
Replies
Views
Hello Tilers! I am a homeowner in California and I thought I'd come say hi in search of a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am fairly new to the tiling trade but have a question that i carnt seem to find the answer...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB