UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tools PRO/CONS..? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Caledonian Tiling

Hi,

Im thinking of investing in additonal tools to help improve time/efficiency/quality
to my tiling as being new to the trade, looking at trade tiler as ive used him for
tools already and happy with the service, 3 products jump out im interested in,
they look/sound great but some feedback from you experienced pro"s would
be much appreciated before i spend my pennies.....
icon7.gif

1) Fein Multi Master
2) Shaw Circle Cutter (currently have the triangle drill bit for holes to 45mm)
3) Grouting Gun

Regards

Caledonian.

L

Leatherface

Fein - been tiling for 3 years - never used one - have heard they are good, but don't see the need & investment.
Shaw Circle Cutter - Rubi is good for Ceramics - around £100 for set. Porcelain & stone - Armeg Kit - expensive but worth the money.
grouting gun - don't waste your money - stick to traditional method.

I have invested in - Senco collated screw gun - cordless 18v - fires 100's of screws in. in matter of minutes - great when over-boarding floors - you will get you return quickly - still charge customer good wack for labour - but will take fraction of the time.
Bosch drill with rotary stop for chisel action - again - rwhen removing tiles from walls or floor - done in a fraction of the time.
Hope this is of help

L

Leatherface

Hi
just to add to my previous point...
You talk about buying extra tools to improve efficiency etc. Have you already invested in a decent quality powerful wetsaw ? If you are running a £30 or £60 basic model, you would be well advised using the money to buy a better one before you buy anything else. This in my view is one of your most important pieces of kit. Invest in a good one.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tools PRO/CONS..? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
Checkatrade / MyHammer / MyBuilder / Trusted etc. Are they all evil? I’m glad the subject...
Replies
Views
T
hi lads and lasses i have a tiling tool kit for sale, cost £1100-00p ( all receipts provided)...
Replies
Views
BuyBrandTools
B
H
Fein Multimaster to buy or not to buy? That is my question? Ive heard very very good things...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.