Discuss Top advice from Tops? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Barry bp

I've just made my first ever visit to tops tiles after being in the trade for 28years
I use Mapie or Bostick my local supplier Dunckley Tiles stopped dealing with Bal.So decided to pop into Tops because they have Bal products ,to see whats changed.I was looking at the one part flexiable addy when a lady came over and asked if she could help.I said yes is this an S1 adhesive? She looked at me blankley as if she wished she had'nt asked,then said you can tile straight on to chipboard with this adhesive.To which I answered I don't think the 25 year gurante will stand up to that one.I don't know what kind of training these people get? Tell them fix&grout all the way!:lol:

B

Barry bp

I take it you went into the Poole branch then? If so, then I know exactly who served you Barry........ I loathe going in there. I went in there the other day and asked for 10 sheets of Hardibacker 250........ got the same blank look, then the reply "The trade discount doesnt make it that cheap!" ......... well, you know the old saying...... you pay peanuts!

Yes your right it was the poole one i'm glad its not just me .I don't mean to be sexist but a pretty face would make it easier to laugh about did someone say peanuts

Reply to Top advice from Tops? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi there I am going to be tiling my kitchen floor The kitchen floor has not be touched since we...
Replies
Views
C
Good Evening Ladies & Gents! Hope your all well and won’t mind me picking your brains, I’ll...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
G
Hi, I am after some honest advice regarding a job I done a few weeks ago for which I haven't...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
2 3
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Top advice from Tops?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.