Discuss Toppfix rapid in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

adhesive bad.jpg Tiling a bathroom with porcelain 600 x 300 using toppfix rapid this morning got to work and notice a tile had a bit of lippage so decided to remove it and in the process two tiles came away clean from the render the walls were plastered about 10 weeks ago and they were primed.The customer supplied all the materials,did notice the render felt a bit damp from the adhesive but the adhesive was set hard,just getting a bit worried so I have stopped using it and have picked up some weber which I use mainly and never had this problem with the weber has anybody else had this, it does knock your confidence a bit,so I think I will be giving Topps rubbish a miss in the future.The picture is the back of the tile.

Last edited:
R

Rookery

Yes always use sbr the render was troweled up not sponged whether that made any difference.If toppfix is made by Palace then I wont be using it again I had a failure once on a ply floor many years ago and that was Tile magic's adhesive which I was informed was Palace.
Yes Toppfix is made by Palace and in my view its cack. Stick to the quality brands, 'scuse the pun, Weber, Mapei, BAL, Ardex.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Toppfix rapid in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB