Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Topps approved fitters in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

J

jamie B

My local Topps manager asked me if I'd be interested in being one the other day..gave me a load of bumph to read through.
It's not really something I'd considered before..if I'm totally honest I don't really have too much to do with them as a rule as mostly my work is new build and my own private jobs off builders and customers I've worked with for years etc...but I'm always keen to get more!
just wondered if any of you have/do work through topps and any comments good or bad, and more importantly any pitfalls??

J

jamie B

yeah I must admit I sorta got that impression talking with the fella.
I s'pose it frees you slightly if they're providing/recommending materials?
I think my main concern is that I don't hugely rate topps in general..whenever I've turned up on a private job where they've got materials from topps they're invariably the wrong thing...and dare I say it..they do tend to 'over sell' to customers it seems (but then again..that's their job I s'pose!) I just wonder where you stand as the fitter should there be a problem material wise??

D

dagger

i have been asked also, i did not listen very carefully after he said we supply the materials!

1. i dont like bal stuff at all
2. i dont trust topps staff to get the right stuff for the job
3. i am pretty sure he said i have to collect the stuff and deliver it to site!

so it seems to me that topps put you in the frame for the job, get full retail on everything, and i have to take it to site for them as part of the job!

needless to say i have not bothered, but if there are any tafs on here i would also like to know how they are getting on with it!

J

jamie B

i have been asked also, i did not listen very carefully after he said we supply the materials!

1. i dont like bal stuff at all
2. i dont trust topps staff to get the right stuff for the job
3. i am pretty sure he said i have to collect the stuff and deliver it to site!

so it seems to me that topps put you in the frame for the job, get full retail on everything, and i have to take it to site for them as part of the job!

needless to say i have not bothered, but if there are any tafs on here i would also like to know how they are getting on with it!

I actually don't mind BAL to work with if you know it's limitations!
and I agree about the 'free' delivery..ie YOU!!
I dunno..reckon I'm talking myself out of it!:smilewinkgrin:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Checkout these existing threads:
Topps Approved Fixer Scheme. merlecollinsTilers Forums Arms121 Week Ago 02:58 PM ScratchpArchived Topics014-05-2009 08:16 PMTopps Tiles Approved Fitter Service PeterB101Tiling Forum1110-05-2009 03:06 AM
subscribed.gif
Topps approved fitters

D

dagger

Can i ask what you dont like about bal please dagger, just wondering cause i use it day in day out. I like the mapei grouts and adhesives too but bal is the one i prefer, have you had probs with it or is it just a preference to you?

well, price has somthing to do with it, quality is another, and general usage in application...

for instance bal grout is awful sloppy rubbish, and with the additive it is worse.
thats the only honest statement i can make because i cant remember the last time i tried bal addhesive.

but i have tried them all webber, mapei, ardex, ultra, keracol, etc.

mapei has stuck with me for a reason and that reason is.....

they have a product for everything, an excellent technical department and thier products work for me!

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
There are 4 TAFF's at my local store. I am one of them. There are loads of threads about the scheme so I won't repeat myself. However, I do get a lot of work from Topps, only because I have built up a very good relationship with the Manager and the guys at the store. I get loads of requests for quotes because my card gets handed out to a lot of Topps customers. OK, if I do get a TAFF job then I just get paid for my labour. On many occasions I have been called to do another job for the same customer (outside of the TAFF scheme). Personally I am really pleased with the amount of introductions for quotes. What have you got to lose? Cheers Sean

Reply to Topps approved fitters in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
Hello - we're in the process of choosing tiles for our bathroom and I'd really appreciate some...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First post and not entirely sure if this is the right place to post my question so...
Replies
Views
Hi all Having a bit of a mare; after having my last shower installation botched (but thankfully...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Topps approved fitters
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond