Discuss Trade/Traders Fair in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

I just require some feedback regarding an idea a friend has. He is an events organiser, usually wedding/Craft/Art fairs etc.
While i was chatting to him recently the idea of a Local Trade/Traders fair came up. Things such as carpenters, Bricklayers ,Plasterers, Tilers etc. They each would have a table or two to advertise their own profession and hopefully samples of their work in a portfolio.
Along with trades there could also be things such as 365 Drills, Cornertape, Brickies Mate etc . So basically the clients who are intending on having work done at their homes or work places can come along and talk face to face and see the trades before arranging a site vist.

Like I say its just an idea at the moment and needs a lot more thought before making any further moves.
It is also the local trades to that particular area that will be targetted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Your big task you'd face with this is ensuring there are sufficient potential clients, and enough of them to go around. And what you'd want to try to avoid somehow (unless you had tile shops and stuff there too) is attracting too much DIY, they'd just be cadging advice if they came, though they'd be handy for the likes of 365drills, cornertape etc. If you did attract both DIY and those looking for professionals, you need to make sure you cater for both in the types of stands you have.

You could have DIY in one half with shops up that end, then tools in the middle which would apply to both perhaps, then tradesmen up the other end maybe?

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
We are lucky in London with the 'Ideal Home Show' 'Home Improvement Show' 'Grand Designs' 'Homebuilding & Renovating Show' etc. So there is definately a demand for these types of shows. Look down any road and there will be builders vans etc outside many homes. People are always having work done to their houses. Even a stall offering free advise could get a trades person several leads. I would be interested if something like that was happening down my way.

Reply to Trade/Traders Fair in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

L
Hi all, Just wanting to know if anybody has used Trade-Ability over in Balderton, Newark. Ive...
Replies
Views
D
J
Alright boys and girls, hope everyone has had a good weekend and not too many of us have been...
Replies
Views
Perry
P
M
Hi all, I am going to a play tomorrow night an it is about 4 tilers. Did anyone on the forum...
Replies
Views
M
U
Please please please add your objection to this, for me and all the people of the Northern...
2 3
Replies
Views
user123
U
A
Hi, I hope this is in the right place - I'm looking for some advice on how to hide/fix faults in...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Nichos
N

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Trade/Traders Fair
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.