UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss transit wax nightmare in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
help lol:lol:

i have 30 metres of polished porc down light beige in colour and the wax is proving a nightmare to get off

tried waxwash ...grimex and now on solvex

the solvex neat applied about 3 times eventually removes it with an emulsifying pad but i have spent the whole day doing 5 metres 25 to go and needs done by tommorow night

some tiles it has come off easier but most are so stubborn it comess off in areas and i hacve to re apply the solvex....tiles completed look great ready for sealing and makes the rest look shocking any tips guys?

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi guys thanks for the advice as always its great,they spoke to the qc at tile giant who said i must be applying the solvex wrong they also said they had no other solutions

after a few calls to them they suggested ltp power stripper any opinions on this guys is this too harsh for wax?

this is the 2nd batch of cheap poor quality polished porc i have had a similar issue with,like i say some of the tiles came up cracking but most look patchy and awful...time will tell with the power stripper

will make sure i check a sample of any tile i but that needs de waxed from now on b4 job starts as i would have rejected this if i knew the issues that have come up

C

Colour Republic

I'm not sure if i've mentioned this before but a product called Krud Kutter works wonders on transit wax, used it a few times now on polished porcs and it's awesome! I would test first as I do but I haven't had any problems so far with all the ones i've used it on.

It's a product I use to strip waxed wood, before I would use various wax removers but all required some serious elbow grease and multiple applications where as this stuff just EATS it!

To give you an idea I stipped this heavy beeswax on a hand built kitchen before re-finishing. Total time about 3 mins

hor4.jpg

It really is good stuff and I always have a gallon bottle knocking about for various uses... hence why I tried it on transit wax

here you go.... View the Krud Kutter Cleaning Products range

C

Colour Republic

that looks really interesting. do you think it will ok for stone as well?
i am doing a huge antique bourgogne limestone floor at moment and ive got quite a number of stains ,ie paint/glue and marks where stone has had furniture or units sitting on top of it for hundred years to get off .
does it bleach the stone at all?

"A Proprietry blend of biodegradable sufacents, detergents and emulsifies in a water based solution. No Petroleum, solvents, bleach or ammonia"

I've just notcied a big sticker on it saying 'Excellent Tile & Grout cleaner" but I assume they are reffering to ceramics & Porcs (It has porcs listed on the side as suitable for cleaning).

I've never tested it on stone and I don't have any limestone here, I do have a bit of tumbled marble so i'll see if I can stain them and see what happens. It's an American product so I wonder if any of the John Bridge lot have found it work its way in to their arsenal?

They also do an oil remover, which is a cream that you place on the stain, which then dries to a powder after it has drawn the stain out.

It really is a good product and one of those ones that you constantly try on different things, it's bloody powerful but as yet it hasn't damaged anything I've put it on. I know the company that distributes it in the UK and got quite friendly with them as I buy quite a bit of other materials they distribute here. I'll drop them an Email and see if they've done test on stone and get back to you mate ;)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to transit wax nightmare in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've just laid a batch of 600 x 400mm Baldocer textured porcelain tiles and there's a shadow of...
Replies
Views
Sean SML Tiling
S
S
Hi I am looking to purchase a textured tile called Jewel from topps tiles, they have small...
Replies
Views
Speedoman
S
J
Dear Tilers, I'm desperate for some advice from someone who may have made the same mistake I...
Replies
Views
4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.