UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss trav, gggggggggrrrrrrrrrroooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllll lllllllll in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
blinking bloody cheap trav,:thumbsdown:

started,what i thought was going to be a nice trav kitchen floor,had to dry lay and cut the first corner at the highest point(after measuring,sorry rack of eyeing my best options:smilewinkgrin:),around a load of units,so i could work my way out, christ on a bike,about 8 cuts i did,around casings/units ect,when i backfilled and about to lay,snapped,snapped,blinking snapped:mad2:,and onewhich snapped landed right on a edge of another id just laid :cuss:i got down about 1m2 by lunch.
was going to post at dinner,but where i was working no internet or phone signal,so could even ring anyone to rant:cuss:

so got in my new l200 and just drove around,happy days,came back all calm and happy:hurray:

i won't say where i got the trav from,they sponser on here.

ps,the customer rang me and said 'bloody looking good craig,but the price you gave me,were gonna av to av a look at it,don't think your charging enough':yikes::drool5:

I

Ian

oh cheers dave:thumbsdown::lol:

just what i thought bri,i backed filled a load before i went for a drive with the rapid set,seemed to do the trick,still a blinking pain,the backs were,well looked like they had just cut it out of the rock and polished the front:mad2:

I'm meant to be profiling around the window as well, I'm not sure there'll be a lot of it left after I've run the wheel over it!

T

tfs

here is a pic

this was a bathroom tiled previously by someone else, I was just making some improvements to a badly done job. They made a crap little panel of of ply and screwed it over the trav.
this was an obvious amatuers who tiled (too many signs) starting full tile on corner of everywall, full tile started onto of shower tray (even though full room is being tiled), mosaics on floor badly set out and up and dwon all over the place.

Attachments

• DSC02080.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 20
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to trav, gggggggggrrrrrrrrrroooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllll lllllllll in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
hi guys I've always used a wet cutter to cut my tiles where ever my dry rail cutter can't do...
Replies
Views
gary b
G
D
Evening all, i'm about to start my first tiling project and thought i'd share it on here an see...
Replies
Views
dantheram
D
D
tiling a bathroom floor that is including a 5m2 heat mat down the central area. My local...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
M
Morning Everyone ! I've been a member here for a while and have gleaned a lot of good...
Replies
Views
Marksmithtiling
M
B
So I've had no luck finding a couple spare tiles to match the existing set, so looks like I'm...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

widler

Esteemed
Arms
TF
England
Business Name
Troll Ltd

Thread Information

Title
trav, gggggggggrrrrrrrrrroooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllll lllllllll
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.