Discuss Trav sealer advice. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gustyturbine

Hi,
I need some advice on trav sealers. I intend on sealing with a damp cloth before I grout. I have had priced for Lifothin (is this how you spell it) @ £146 for 5 ltrs and Tiletech LTP @ £79-99 for 5 ltrs. Is this LTP the same as the mattstone sealer I have heard mentioned? Would they both be OK as the difference in price is fairly wide. I need 11 ltrs in total. I will seal once before I grout and once after. Do you advise a matt polish after sealing? We do not want a real shine just protection. Thanks guys,
Gusty.​

D

davemul

no worries! I hated sealing!

looks good though, this is limestone, big chunky stuff!

c0d83bc7.jpg

Reply to Trav sealer advice. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
hi, i am a virtually retired tiler (58), legs back hips etc etc. a friend carpenter (65) has...
Replies
Views
W
I have 30m2 of travertine to seal, I have done the research and came to conclusion that the LTP...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views
L
Hi Everyone. In the quoting stage at the moment- bit of advice to get things right. Quoting...
Replies
Views
lukeb
L

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Trav sealer advice.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.