UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss travatine, pollished limestone and slate. cleaning up some-one elses mess in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

muddy_trousers

I've been asked by someone to help them clean up after another tiler. The guy that laid the tiles hasn't cleaned the grout and adhesive off properly once finnished, then sealed the tiles and left. It's a beautiful New build, multi million pound house situated in a very well to do area. The areas of tiling are huge, over 2000 square feet over 2 levels and the mess the previous tiler left is very obvious. It's really awful if I'm honest! It's all been down a month or so I think. So what do you guys suggest I clean it with? The stone floor has an area where it goes under the staircase so would be ideal for a test area. I need to break down the grout and adhesive lumps and swirls so its mint. Any help would be great

Last edited by a moderator:
M

muddy_trousers

IMAG0011.jpg

Sorry about the pic, its a bit rubbish. This is the worst effected and largest area. The customer wants it to have a nice clean shine throughout. The previous tiler says its been sealed but hes left a right mess behind. The sealent wants to be removed and the tiles cleaned up, then sealed again.

The travertine on the bathroom walls is tumbled. He hasn't got a huge issue with these although some of them haven't been cleaned properly. All of that has been sealed.

The travertine on the floor is honed and apparently sealed but has a very matt finnish. I don't think its been sealed to be honest! A large ammount of that needs to be cleaned right back and then sealed.

The slate is all cleft and only a small amount of that has been sealed. They are happy with the bit thats been sealed, just want all the rest cleaned up and then sealed.

O

onion

I've been asked by someone to help them clean up after another tiler. The guy that laid the tiles hasn't cleaned the grout and adhesive off properly once finnished, then sealed the tiles and left. It's a beautiful New build, multi million pound house situated in a very well to do area. The areas of tiling are huge, over 2000 square feet over 2 levels and the mess the previous tiler left is very obvious. It's really awful if I'm honest! It's all been down a month or so I think. So what do you guys suggest I clean it with? The stone floor has an area where it goes under the staircase so would be ideal for a test area. I need to break down the grout and adhesive lumps and swirls so its mint. Any help would be great

Get a professional to do the job or you will end up looking as bad as the tiler

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to travatine, pollished limestone and slate. cleaning up some-one elses mess in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
hi, i am a virtually retired tiler (58), legs back hips etc etc. a friend carpenter (65) has...
Replies
Views
T
Ok.... so there is an area of hardcore over mud. Its going to be a patio area. Natural black...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.