Discuss Travertine bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

Hi I have to install a travertine bathroom , its fairly small and is all boarded with handiboards. Im tiling direct onto the boards as each wall is pretty small and under the weight limits by a long way.

However what to do around the windows? is there a nice edging available I can use or do you just butt the travertine tiles?
Is this the 9mm plasterboard?

C

CJ CERAMICS

You could use edging or you could butt joint and polish using an angle grinder and pads, obviously getting finer towards the finished job, then fix.

i go the angle grinder and pads route as i feel it gives a more natural finish to a natural product......that is unless the customer really really wants edging....mind you it could be because im rubbish at cutting mitres lol

M

mags

Well I went and investigated the customers room and :yikes:, its handiboard 9mm, clout nailed to a wooden tongue and grove. The client has already bought the travertine fom a budget supplier, on inspection it was about 9mm thick but heavy (very heavy) the weight was 32kg / m2 . I advised I would not install unless they removed all existing board and also the wood tongue and groove, and replaced it with tile backer board or similar.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Travertine bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
D
Hello, A recent property purchase as an investment in Florida. Home is 1-owner from new. I'm...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 60189
D
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB