Discuss Travertine Direct in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

Im with Dave on this one, I love using Silver Travertine, but like with everything you pay for what you get. The market is being flooded at the moment with to much cheap travertine from Turkey, its mixed colouration, poor quality, riddled with holes like a crunchy bar, and you should never consider buying this material without seeing the material first. I like Daves supplier, hes a very honest guy, and his prices are fair, so for a domestic job, I would go to him.

Dont buy on-line, cheap is dear believe me.

Pebbs

G

Gazzer

Buying any stone over the internet will always be risky. Also when going to a dealer to chose your stone you must make sure that the sample you get will be a true representation of the whole order. Try and keep the sample for matching when the stone arrives. Too many times I have seen that the clients sample they chose was no where near what actually arrived.
A true stone dealer will talk about your stone, these online dealers will talk about your money.

T

TileGiant Macc

Hi Conkeez,
Buying travertine online in most cases can be cheaper, but this is only advantageous when you are specifically after a lower grade. If you are looking for a healthier grade of travertine ie. with less filler and little-to-no cavities, then buying through a store is always the better option. This ensures you get the right advice, technical backing and the tiles in one piece! Buying through a store ensures that the tiles have been quality checked from store end and quarry end.
We always do our best to price match quotes from competitors.

As regards to the silver travertine, we offer a high grade natural stone called 'Italiana Gris' which comes in various sizes with matching mosaics.

Hope this helps!

Reply to Travertine Direct in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I removed some old tiles from the shower and wanted to know if it's possible to tile...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Travertine Direct
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.