Discuss Travertine floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I wouldn't even dream of tiling over tiles with stone.....There will the expansion of the original substrate and then the existing tiles and then to add another layer especially travertine which isn't the hardest of stones might result in the travertine fracturing........
I am not a big lover of tiling over tiles and your work is only guaranteed as much as the previous job......Do it right first time I say........:thumbsup:

M

MICK the Tiler

I'm with Dave on this one........... rip up the old floor. I too am not a fan of tiling over exsisting tiles I know it can be done and probably with no problems, it's just that I feel as though I have to put my job in the hands of the person who laid the previous one (Gives me nightmares) I use a white flexable for trav x7 to be exact. I also prime my floors.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Travertine floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
OK hear me out. Kitchen floor. Pro tiler. 15mm clearance from top of dishwasher to underside of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for solid answer or opinion. We had some windows removed on an exterior wall and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB