Discuss Travertine Floors in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

sjmarsh74

Hi there

first post and after some advice.

We've just had an extension built and the downstairs area is 50m2 which I will be tiling with travertine. I used to refit bathrooms for a living and also tiled a kitchen floor of about 20m2 in travertine.

The floor has underfloor heating and I will be tiling onto a concrete screed. The wife wants it in a brickwork pattern - yes I know not the easiest but she gets what she wants!!!

Just after some do's or don't when tiling such a large area. I was planning on starting at the door into the kitchen in order to get the correct level to the existing house and then going from there.

It will take me a few weeks to tile the area as I will be doing it at the weekends and around work.

Basically any advice that you can give me would be great!

Cheers

Simon

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Hi, to be honest there are so many things to consider and not really enough time to type an answer long enough to advise you on the job start to finish, have you not thought about getting a tiler in to do it for you, it may cost you less in the long run and you will end up with a top job.

S

sjmarsh74

Hi, to be honest there are so many things to consider and not really enough time to type an answer long enough to advise you on the job start to finish, have you not thought about getting a tiler in to do it for you, it may cost you less in the long run and you will end up with a top job.

Money has run out of the budget otherwise may have paid someone to do it. What kind of money am I looking at if I did get someone in? It would be just to lay the floor as I'd supply materials etc

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Such a common statement, budget has run out. It always seems to run out when it comes to the tiling. It's not a real trade so it doesn't need allowing for, anyone can throw a few tiles down, i mean how hard can it be. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh it isn't meant that way i'm just fed up of hearing exactly what your asking.

D

DHTiling

Such a common statement, budget has run out. It always seems to run out when it comes to the tiling. It's not a real trade so it doesn't need allowing for, anyone can throw a few tiles down, i mean how hard can it be. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh it isn't meant that way i'm just fed up of hearing exactly what your asking.

Might thoughts too.. :).. so so often we hear this.. budget is tight and not enough for tiler etc..

To the OP.. search the stone tiling section of the forums.. you should find good info for what you require..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Travertine Floors in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB