Discuss Travertine haze in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

sledge90

Hello gentlremen,

I am new to tiling with travertine and have made the novice mistake of not sealing before grouting. I have just used a rustic unfilled, chipped edge travertine and was told that sealing could hinder the grout filling and bonding with the holes. Anyway, I have cleaned most of the grout haze off using a scraper, floor buffer and elbow grease but still have a slight white haze obn the stone. I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the following:

• I was told that a floor polishing pad could push the grout haze further into the material after I was told to use it. Is that true?
  • Will the colour of the travertine change at all when I do seal the tiles?
  • Will this haze come out with a scotch bright pad for a floor cleaner if I try again?

Pictures are avilable if needed.

Regards for any help.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Travertine haze in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi all. After living in my property for over 7 years I've recently discovered the type of tile...
Replies
Views
Hi, I did a limestone floor for a customer which I washed and sealed, then grouted 24 hours...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB