Discuss Travertine mosaic on wooden floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Anna Rack

Hi, first post so please go easy on me!
I'd consider myself a competent diy-er and in the past have succesfully laid ceramic tiles on a solid floor.

I've now got an en-suite shower room in which I want to lay travertine mosaic tiles. The flooring is green moisture proof chipboard, and it's a very small area, probably less than 3m square and very little movement.

There is another en-suite in the house which has already been tiled in the same way several years ago before I moved in. They have been stuck directly to the chipboard and they look great with no loose tiles.

I was hoping to use something like Unibond 'tile on wooden floors' which it says can be used directly onto chipboard - what preparation would you advise with the green top layer of the board, as it feels quite waxy. I was thinking of scoring and sanding it?

I am guessing mosaic tiles would be a lot more tolerant on a wooden floor than say, 30cm ceramic tiles?

Any comments appreciated.

T

Time's Ran Out

We were in a restaurant in Scotland many years ago and one of our team was 'chatting' to the waitress - 'What's yer name pet? he asked
'Anna' she answered.
A nah ye nah but I divvint na! he fired back.

We thought it was good.

Anyway Anna - don't tile directly onto green chipboard, fix a tile backer board or if the floor is sound (althouth you say there is little movement) you may find a decoupling membrane adequate.
The other floor may just be good fortune.

Have a Merry Xmas and enjoy the tilers forum.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Travertine mosaic on wooden floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, my name is David, nice to meet you all. I would like to ask you all your...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB