Currently reading:
Travertine onto a chipboard floor?

Discuss Travertine onto a chipboard floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kev

Hi fellas, i know i cant tile straight onto the chipboard, but what should i use onto the chipboard before the tile goes down?
The floor is split over 4 rooms, block and beam with chipboard surface, total about 50m2
seems to be nice and sturdy, (if i get the owner to jump up and down, i can only just about feel any movement at 3 or 4 metres away, is that solid enough?)
Do i need ditramat, or hardi boards, ? and what adhesive would you use to fix this down with?

thanks guys.

kev

P

paulyoung666

Dont think that would be an option Paul... someone else quoted for it and said all it needed was ditra, i'm just not 100% sure on how much flex you could get away with, dont get me wrong, you dont walk on it and think 'thats bouncey' or anything like that, but i can feel a very small movement

and that small movement is going to be enough is it not .............. , i aint no expert , just thinking out loud :oops:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

hello phil i have used dural for years with a good two part s1 adhesive and its sound you just have to do good ground work and buy good tiles

Hi mate do you use Dural, Ditra, etc direct on T&G. I use them and am a big fan, but only as a de- coupling membrane over ufh. Never on T&G only 18mm ply or backer- board. Deflection ya de ya :thumbsup:

Reply to Travertine onto a chipboard floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for advice laying these floor tiles. My bathroom is chipboard. I’m going to get...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Been out of the tiling game for some years and just about to tile kitchen and hall in...
Replies
Views

UK Tiling Forum Trending

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.