UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Travertine - Re-sealing and 'polishing' in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CDS

Just been asked to re-seal a travertine tiled bathroom - I tend to avoid this sort of job like the plague but with the way things are at the moment I don't think its commercially wise to turn anything down.

Anyway I've never done any resealing so am a bit out of my comfort zone. I'm assuming I'll need to remove the existing sealer before re- applying? Whats the best sealer to use? I'm not keen on strong solvents so also looking for a readily available alternative that isn't going to get me as high as a kite!!

In addition the tiles have exposed cut edges which look very 'clean' but are quite a lot lighter than the sealed tiles - can the edges be polished to give a better finish - if so where do I start??

Appreciate any guidance on this one. Cheers Chris

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Travertine - Re-sealing and 'polishing' in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

J
Hi all. I've seen a fair share of very dodgy siliconing around the frames of shower doors. The...
Replies
Views
Waluigi
W
Done a feature wall in split face, customer was dead happy with it. I've sealed it using fila...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, hope your all well. Bit of background on the job. 20m2 of opus marble with travertine...
Replies
Views
I have some nice travertine to fix soon. I was wondering what sealers everyone is using at the...
Replies
Views
T
Sorry if this is the incorrect forum for this question. I've searched everywhere and can't find...
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.