Discuss Travertine Shower Cubicle in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

Re: Shower Cubicle

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There is no need to overboard your plasterboard, you can tank the plasterboard instead. This will protect the plasterboard in case any water gets through the tiling. Is there a Tile Giant near to you? If so pop in and pick up one of the Mapei tanking kits, apply this over the plasterboard (make sure you read the instructions and follow them to the letter) and you should be ready to go :thumbsup:

R

Rich

Hmmmm... Well I can see where they are coming from, but if the shower tray needs to be removed at a later date then the chances are the bottom tiles are going to get broken anyway and I think it would prob give you a more water tight installation to have the lip sunk into the wall and the tiles coming down onto the tray itself with a good silicone joint between the two.

re shower lip on tray .the lip is meant to sit behind tile to improve water sealing.when fitting ensure front of lip on tray is in line with wall to be tiled. i have a customer whose plumber fitted the tray butted against wall as in standard tray,then tiled from lip up.result was endless leaks and unsightly silicon in an attempt to seal it

Reply to Travertine Shower Cubicle in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I am doing a shower tile installation on mold-resistant drywall and I am waterproofing with...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Travertine Shower Cubicle
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.