Discuss Travertine tiles walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Plasterboard would be sufficient in this case also. 300x300 travertine wouldn't exceed 30Kg.

Both marmox and hardie would surfice also. Hardie is a lot more robust than marmox equivilent. Marmox is easier to work with. After doing a wetroom all out in hardie 500 a few months back i felt like i could grab my ankles standing upstraight.

Plasterboard you would have to prime and possibly apply a waterproof coat as well in wet areas. What is the room being used for/converted into? Bathroom, wetroom etc Are all the walls studwork that are being tiled? Or do you have some "DnD" also?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Travertine tiles walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB