Discuss Travertine tiles, why so popular ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

All stone has been generally expensive up until recent year when travertine flooded the market...at last a "normal" home could have expensive looking stone.
Sadly the quality of this affordable stone is dubious, high content of filler is in the stone. Most clients dont see it, just the price and so they go for it.
Stone is also the in thing and long may it be so. There is nothing better than stone and wood floors together in my opinion.
Its obviously not the only affordable stone but certainly the most popular for its warming appearance. the fact that if it wears then at least it could be honed and polished again , you cant do that with ceramics.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

The kitchen is a perfect place for it too. IMG_0283.jpg

I

Ian

the tiles colour, shade etc looks pretty random, I dont know if I like that kind of finish.

Thats one of the appealing features of travertine Kev, if you have a look around all the tile shops and even places like B&Q etc you will find alot of ceramic and porcelain, travertine effect tiles about at the moment as its so popular. The manufacturers have gone to great lengths to replicate the 'random' colour effects that you get from the real deal

K

kevg

Thats one of the appealing features of travertine Kev, if you have a look around all the tile shops and even places like B&Q etc you will find alot of ceramic and porcelain, travertine effect tiles about at the moment as its so popular. The manufacturers have gone to great lengths to replicate the 'random' colour effects that you get from the real deal

Maybe if I saw more pictures or a more 'Creamy/Ivory' Travertine I may have a different opinion on it. Or even a real floor.

I best do more looking around to give a better opinion on it.

T

TT Tiling

everyone loves trav at the mo ,but like as said above ,so many dif sorts ,all the new builds im doing at the mo ,have trav through out the full downstairs every room , all great for me as i have 4 houses with over 180 sm of it , and i leave my card for the new owner ,for any maintenance work that needs doing , most of them like the bees wax finish so get to buff them up once every two months or so , think its the best finish on trav floor by far ,but needs lots of up keep ,looks like glass when finished

Reply to Travertine tiles, why so popular ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I d like to ask you who live in US, is there any trend now in buying and installing peel...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Travertine tiles, why so popular ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.