Discuss Travertine tilling help! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

js1454

I am new to this forum, and i would really appreciate some advice. We are re-fitting our bathroom and have brought travertine tiles for the floors and walls over the bath. I have calculated that the tiles are about 28kg/m2 (600x400).The walls that the travertine will be going onto have just been plastered over render and brick (i now know that plastered walls will only take limit of 20kg/m2). i am quite reluctant to remove the plaster, would i be able to place hardibacker onto the plastered wall fixing with screws into the brick wall and dabs of adhesive?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Travertine tilling help! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me. I have a brick wall that’s had render put on it and...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB