UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Advice... no probs, just trying to help you to make sure it lasts...

You will need to remove grout from the said tiles, this will make tile removal easier and stop damage to surround tiles from breakage shock..

Once up and cleaned out and then services installed and patched in with rapid setting cement.. then you can replace the tiles..

Use a CF2 adhesive and ensure solid bedding of the tile.. leave to dry for 24 hrs to ensure moisture from the stone.. then seal with a suitable impregnator.. leave to dry... then grout and clean down when set enough..

Make sure the tiles are clean and leave to dry for min 24 hrs.. then seal again with enough coats to the point of saturation.. but making sure sealer does not dry on the surface... leave to dry and make sure that the tiles are kept dry for 72 hrs to allow sealer to fully cure.

I

Ian

Ok, you will need a white flexible cement based adhesive, flexible grout and an acrylic primer (use the same brand as your adhesive). The tiles will need to be fixed on a solid bed of adhesive using a 'U' notched trowel (10/12mm notches), also remembering to back skim the rear of the tile to fill any voids/holes in the travertine and ensure a 100% adhesive bed. Once the tiles are laid and the adhesive has set, seal the tiles with LTP mattstone, buff of any excess after 15/20 mins and allow to dry for 24 hours, then grout, let the grout set fully, then repeat the sealer process :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.