Discuss Travertine in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Thanks Tony! Im slightly concerned with how straight the wall is. When i first measured they only wanled shower area in each room done but now its whole lot half way up. There gonna be at least 5mm adhesive bed and maybe more if wall is bent so trying to think of solutions in advance. I also thought of ripping down a strip like you mentioned but then making a few passed 3mm deep through the dw2400 to make diagonal feature!

C

charlie1

I used some trim recently on trav made by homelux. It was a pretty good match in colour and looked really good. That said I agree trim on stone doesn't look as good as the stone itself. I like a bullnose or a bevel and just a paint line to meet.

Thanks gamma, I think trim can be a good look but just not the right look for stone + will date. Whenever i tile a bathroom i always think 10 years in to the future with the view of if it will date and thats why i dont like using trim with anything other than ceramics tbh

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Thanks gamma, I think trim can be a good look but just not the right look for stone + will date. Whenever i tile a bathroom i always think 10 years in to the future with the view of if it will date and thats why i dont like using trim with anything other than ceramics tbh
Yes I'm with you there, in 10 years though they should be due another refit :hurray:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Travertine in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have done a bit of tiling before but I will be tiling our shower room soon and we have a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB