Discuss Travertine in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stocks Tiles

Hi guys, I have a lot of experience in tiling and I've done slate but never travertine. I know the method for sealing and use wet cutter, what I would like to know is what advice could you give me on giving a good finish on the edges please? I.e around windows as no trim involved, I've read about diamond pads but never had the need for these so useless as to what grit is for what lol. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you :)

Dean

gamma38

TF
Bedford
You need a variable speed grinder, silicone carbide pads, and maybe a profiling tool depending on what sort of edge you require. With trav I have just put a bullnose with just the pads. Give Alan a call at ATS Diamond tools a call he will sort you everything you need.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Travertine in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hi all. After living in my property for over 7 years I've recently discovered the type of tile...
Replies
Views
Hi, 1st time tiling, decided our ensuite would benefit from being a wetroom. Quick question, any...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB