Wall and Floor Tiling Standards BS 5385 Part 1 and 2 Bristish Standards, ISO Tile Fixing Standard.

Welcome to TilersForums.com, the place to discuss all tiling standards whether British Standards in Wall and Floor Tiling, BS5385, or ISO European Standards for Tile Fixing.

Tiling Standards

Wall and Floor Tiling Standards for the UK: British Standards in Tiling.

Discuss travetine and weight in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com.

S

steve_c

Hi all,

I looked at a job last week that was to tile a bathroom with travetine, tile size 400x300 roundabout, by 12mm thick
The walls were mostly 9mm ply with I think 6 mm no more ply over that as well, all screewed to studs. One of the existing walls was plaster and I was concearned about the weight restrictions of the stone onto this surface.

Is the bs tile weight limit of 20kg per mtr on plaster walls inclusive of the adhesive or is it the weight limit of the tile only?

What weight would you include roughly for a cement adhesive per mtr?

Also what notch is best, I was thinking of using 10 or 12 mm square notch and back buttering.

Any advice appreciated so I can prepare for this job.

Steve

S

steve_c

Thanks for all the replies everyone,

If using no more ply cement board over normal ply, is this not a moisture proof barrier? or potentially will it lead to cracking??

I'm not sure its marine ply under the no more ply? probably not.
He's tanking all shower areas with the paint and tape kits.

I won't be starting the job for a while but he said he would re board any walls if in doubt. I hav'nt been able to weigh the tiles but to be on the safe side I'll tell him to dry line without skim or no more ply like the rest on the existing wall.

Cheers,

Steve

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to travetine and weight in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Seems alot of talk that 20kg per mtr2 is the max weight limit for plaster. Few questions 1. its...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB