• Thread starter Jeefa
  • Start date
  • Replies 1
  • Views 193

Currently reading:
Traymate Shower tray Discussion Thread

Discuss Traymate Shower tray Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Traymate Shower tray Discussion Thread

Hi guys,

This is my first post so apologies if this isn't the right section for the post.

I'm a qualified plumbing and heating engineer with nearly 20 years experience under my belt.

I have an issue with a (client supplied) TM Traymate shower tray/trap and wondered if anyone else has had similar issues? As you can see from the pictures, it has cracked directly inline with one of the two fixing screws which retain the entire trap. The shower tray has been installed for around 6 months and has been leak free up until the clients child stubbed her toe on the decorative cover which covers the waste.

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

Traymate instantly put the issue down to 'installation fault, over tightening of the two screws' and have washed their hands of it. Their manufactures instructions do not specify how tight the two screws need to be and simply state 'do not over tighten' and when I questioned this to their technical team they could not give me an answer either. In addition to that, the tech team also said that in the event of over tightening the grey retaining ring splits, however as you can see from the pictures it is still flat and intact.

In my professional opinion, relying on two 25mm wood screws to hold a trap onto a 3mm resin rim in just two places is destined for only one thing.

Strangely, despite their claims of having a lifetime guarantee they have dismissed any issue with being an installation fault without a site visit or even looking at the pictures and given the rather abrupt and automated response from their tech person I feel as though they get this issue more than they are letting on.

Id be interested to know if anyone else has had similar issues or would like to comment on if they also see the trap design being up to scratch.

Many thanks

Traymate Shower tray for the original thread on Plumbers Forums

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Traymate Shower tray Discussion Thread in the Plumbing Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I have a minor issue with where my shower tray is going. The ensuite is an L shape and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB