Discuss Trim for a tiled bathroom countertop? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

EmmC

Hi. I want to make a removable tiled countertop to sit on a T&G panelled half height concealed cistern. My tile is 9.5mm and I assume I will need a minimum of 15mm ply so with the adhesive I will have a depth of approx 27mm. I've trawled the Internet but can't seem to find a suitable chrome tile trim that will cover the combined ply and tile edge. I thought it would be a common job but not even my two local tile shops can suggest a way of doing it. Any ideas? Thanks.

E

EmmC

Thanks for the replies.
Stef - I've been to all the usual places and trawled the internet too- I found a Dural 30mm trim which will cost £57 for 2.5m - much more than I expected to pay. PDC - interesting idea, I've not used a router before, I'll check it out. Dash J - I did wonder about Hardiebacker but wasn't sure whether you could use it on its own. If a thinner base is okay, as you say I can use a narrower trim. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I might be able to hook you up with one of these custom made 055.jpg babes, it depends on where you live, chech it out 038.jpg www.customtilemarblegranite.com

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Trim for a tiled bathroom countertop? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi All, This subject has been covered a few times but I was hoping to get some clarification. I...
Replies
Views
S
B
Hi, New to the site, but been lurking for a while and I'm after a bit of advice about timber...
Replies
Views
J Sid
J
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB