Discuss Trim for tiled wall corner - which type? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mossop

What type of tile trim would be required for the vertical corner edge shown in red below?

Would it be this type?
http://www.**********.co.uk/tprod4367/internal-cove-white-6mm.html

upload_2017-11-26_23-28-43.png

upload_2017-11-26_23-29-1.png

M

Mossop

If that angle is obtuse as it looks in your sketch it’s a simple fix.

Yes, maybe 135 degrees.

Just come halfway down the edge of the tile and undercut it by about 45 degrees, that should bring the front edges close enough together for a grout joint, if not, come a little closer toward the front face.

When you say halfway down the edge, do you mean in a fashion as indicated by the red line on the sketch below? BTW, it's a metro tile.
upload_2017-11-27_8-42-9.png

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Old Mod

Yes, maybe 135 degrees.

When you say halfway down the edge, do you mean in a fashion as indicated by the red line on the sketch below? BTW, it's a metro tile.
View attachment 95273
Yes that’s the idea. If it’s a metro, then you may be able to achieve it with a rubbing block on the biscuit rather than having to use a grinder.
Just take enough to achieve your desired result but you won’t have to mitre as such.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Trim for tiled wall corner - which type? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Is it possible to remove the plastic trim from the edge of tiling. I want to tile...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB