Discuss Trim Problem. Help!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jjoc

Guys, this is a hard one to explain so I will do my best. I am tiling a shower area that is set back from the rest of the room, I am tiling from floor to ceiling. The rest of the room is only to be tiled half way around. My problem is:- there is an external corner where one side will be tiled all the way up the wall and the other is only due to be tiled half way up. My dilema is how can I get a trim on, as it would look ridiculous if I ran it up the upper part wall which is to be painted (ie. no tile there).
Hope it makes sense! Im really stugling with a solution here, advice of suggestions would be hugely appreciated. :thumbsup:

S

Stewart

You need to stop the full tile short of the external corner and start the half tile before you go round the external and trim as normal. Alternatively, you can bring the full tile round the external corner a little and then drop down to a half tile. something like this.......
56b6d44a-4c1e-2327.jpg

Created on iPhone.....

O

On one

View attachment 33602 ended up doing it this way as the tiles needed to come right to the end of the wall, as a glass screen was due to be attatched to it. I made a small mitre out out of the white trim and ran it into the chrome, the customer preffered this way. any thoughts?
Did a one similar to this the other month with Schluter trims.Come vertically down the wall with your trim, fit a preformed internal plug then an external plug next to it then come away from that vertically and horizontally with your other trims.Hard to visualise, but looked neat,quick and very professional.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Trim Problem. Help!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Trim Problem. Help!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.