Discuss trim problem! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

clare

Hi, My husband is new to tiling and has begun tiling our kitchen walls. However, he has struck a problem because he is using rectangular bevelled tiles, which he has staggered to create a brick wall effect. Where the main wall meets the window recess wall, this has resulted in an uneven join because the cut tiles are thicker than the whole tiles which meet. Is it possible to buy a right-angled aluminium trim that would cover both sides of tiling? He has already tiled so the type of trim that you slot one tile under is unsuitabe. I hope this makes sense to the experts!

D

Deleted member 1779

You might find that when you grout everything that the difference is not so noticable.

window3.jpg

Depends how beveled the edges of the tile are. If its a mm or two then once the trim is up and in front of the edge then the grout will probably mask the difference.

window2.jpg

I found that when putting the trim round this window (tiles are large format 600 x 300) that any obvious difference between the tile depths were smoothed out with grout.

Not sure if thats any help?

Reply to trim problem! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
My tiler has made a huge mistake (which he excuses as being unlucky with measurements). There is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a question about how/when best to install tile trim - probably quite basic! One...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I had a very unprofessional tiler who did a lot of errors and left my bathroom...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
trim problem!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.