UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Trowel Size / Adhesive Depth Query in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

siremastimus

Hi All

I am planning on boarding my bathroom with Marmox boards prior to tiling (mechanically fixed and bedded), the wall tiles are glazed ceramic measuring 25cm x 38cm x 6mm and the floor tiles are 33cm x 33cm x 6mm. Am I ok in using an 8mm trowel for wall tiles? Also trying to work out final floor height before fixing in bath. I have allowed 3-4mm for adhesive for the floor backer boards and a further 3-4mm for adhesive when laying the tiles themselves (Over 5mm SLC to bury the UFH in), does this sound about right? What trowel would people recommend for the floor - was planning on using Mapei Kerraquick throughout as this comes quite highly recommended on here.

Thanks

R

Rich

8mm is fine for the walls, for the floor, get yourself a halfmoon trowel. Be sure to spread the adhesive on the floor, then use the flat side of your trowel to spread adhesive onto the back of the floor tile before pressing/twisting the tile into place. This should give you 100% coverage. Also Keraquick is brilliant adhesive but if you want a little bit more time to work with you could go for a standard setting adhesive for the walls.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Trowel Size / Adhesive Depth Query in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello. Doing... ( extremely slowly ).. a walk-in shower & additional soaking tub area 1) What...
Replies
Views
Oops, I am reposting this into the correct forum Building a walk-in shower & additional soaking...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.