Discuss troweling technique in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

What do you do?

mine is left hand bucket trowel on to right hand flat edge of trowel and plaster on to wall on vertical motion from batten up, repeat till whole wall is done at a height of 400mm up from start, then serrate in a vertical line enough for one course then slip up and over excess adhesive at the top so it stays on the wall ready for next serration. Then i make one long horizontal serration with both hands for better control of angle. Then with corner edge of bucket trowel i remove excess that's touching batten or top of previous course just to keep it clean. Then, cut in bucket after removing adhesive. Then use the large mound of adhesive sticking to wall to back butter tiles.

i think its very important to develope an efficient troweling technique. A good trowelling technique can save you time not only when sticking the tiles but also cleaning.

C

charlie1

not realy...well a bit, i dont use a bucket trowel, i use the back of the trowel im using, get it on the wall, and cut bits off it with the trowel to spread the amount i need..

there is an art to it, ive had many a laugh watching someone try it for the firt time, they allways make the mistake of not having enough addy on the trowel....lol

you right, there is an art to making the addy do what you want it to do, i don't even think now,my left and right arm work in sync when trowelling. Sometimes when i know in needing a deeper bed ( u just know eh) i use a higher angle on trowel or a develope a motion with the trowel that skips over the adhesive leaving a thicker bed but serration at the same time.... Sorry, im hopeless at explaining things Andy!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to troweling technique in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all. I am a keen DIYer (at home) but have never tiled! I want to tile our small...
Replies
Views
I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ll start by saying I’m not a pro. Im a DIYer but value doing things the right way...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB